Our vision is to be a self-sustaining organisation supporting our diverse communities, by providing benevolent relief through collaborative volunteering.
Who we are
Since 2004 Volunteering Sunshine Coast (VSC) has provided opportunities for approximately 26,000 volunteers, both for direct involvement in our own programs (Pathways to Employment and Spontaneous Disaster Volunteers) as well as relief and support to 130 plus member organisations. Among this group are a proportion of people requiring special support with mental health issues, disability and long term-unemployment. These volunteers were directly involved or referred and placed into our member organisations or VSC. This was achieved through the commitment of our volunteers working at the Maroochydore and Caloundra Centrelink offices and our Executive Management team office.
What we do
Volunteering Sunshine Coast is run by a dedicated team of approximately 40 people, under the direction of the CEO Chris Scott and the Mentor Board, and provide the following assistance:
- provide opportunities and support for people making informed choices about volunteering
- assist people who are seeking paid employment to participate in volunteer work to keep skills updated, renewing skills and building self-esteem through our pathways to employment program
- in partnership with Sunshine Coast Council, Volunteering Sunshine Coast provide and coordinate spontaneous volunteers assisting those who are experiencing misfortune and distress during a disaster event
- refer volunteers to not-for-profit organisations across all sectors of the community (100 member organisations)
- work with government, community and corporate sectors to recognising the value of volunteering.