Our vision is to be a self-sustaining organisation supporting our diverse communities, by providing benevolent relief through collaborative volunteering.
Who we are
Volunteering Sunshine Coast (VSC) is committed to helping our community by offering the following assistance:
- support people to make informed choices about volunteer work
- assist people who are seeking paid employment to participate in volunteer work with a view to keeping skills updated, renewing skills and building self esteem through our pathways to employment program
- as the lead volunteer agency on the Sunshine Coast provide and coordinate spontaneous volunteers assisting those who are experiencing misfortune and distress during a disaster event
- refer volunteers to not-for-profit organisations across all sectors of the community
- encourage the government, community and corporate sectors to recognise the value of volunteering.
In addition to assisting various community residents, agencies and not-for-profit events and organisations, we offer:
- corporate volunteering
- volunteer linking
Our goal is to enhance the community in which we live by connecting volunteers with organisations and agencies who then collectively and collaboratively enhance our life on the Sunshine Coast. If you are interested to know more about VSC, please give us a call to learn more about how we might be able to help you or your organisation with volunteering opportunities.
What we do
Volunteering Sunshine Coast is run by a dedicated volunteer staff of over 20 people who, under the direction of the CEO Cheryl Harris, undertake numerous roles, which include:
- general administrative duties
- data entry
- community relations
- media relations
- interviews and placement
Our helpful, courteous and happy volunteers range from 17 – 85! They enjoy welcoming everyone who visits the office as each volunteer has individual strengths and abilities, which contribute to our vibrant organisation.